Kids Ginger Beer Plant
Starting a plant
1. Take 1/2 oz fresh bakers yeast mixed with
1 pint of warm water in a covered jug.
2. Every day feed the above mixture with 1
teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon ground ginger and stir.
3. After one week, leave to stand for 24
hours and strain off the clear liquor.
4. Make a sugar solution of 1lb sugar to 4
pints water, add the liquor to this and bottle in strong plastic
bottles and store.
After a week
5. Divide the original plant into two and add
one pint water and feed daily as before. The plant must be
split each week or it will die.
6. Leave the bottled ginger beer for one week
(if you can) before consumption.